Happy Thursday! How’s everyone doing?
MS Pink here, is doing pretty well! Though I lost my camera (now I’m going to have to find pictures online, ha ha -but until I find it/get a new one, whenever that will be) and I was all miserable about it, because of that, I made some attitude shifts and made LOTS of friends!
Losing my camera made me realize lots of things and how important it is for me to change up a bit and open myself up a little more; getting out of my room, going to new places/events, and hang out with people. It’s hard because I’m not really like that, but heck! No one knows how I was in high school, so I think that this is a good time to change. Anyone agree?
So right now, the outside of my window looks like this:
It’s foggy and very pretty. 🙂 This place is quite cold (and I heard that it snows like crazy – yikes! 😯 ), but I’ll learn to live with it. 😉 And the atmosphere/air; the vibe of this place feels soooooooooooo good! Any place where you feel a good vibe? For me, it’s for sure here!
Okay, so my title: I am stepping up, one step at a time, and I am going to be a “better person”. I’m going get out of my room, meet more people, make more/lots of friends, and…CHANGE! (It shall be fun…)
Like yesterday, there were numbers of accomplishments that I did by “stepping up”:
- I went to a “Japanese Communication Club”, where the Japanese learning students at school talks with the Japanese exchange students, so they can improve on the language that the other person is fluent/native in
- I became better friends with my RA, and his friends invited me to play a game of Uno. (haven’t played that in ages!) I decided to join, and I actually had a lot of fun! (who expected a “children 3+” game to be so exciting?!)
- I let three people come in to my room to 1.) discuss an issue I had about school (lack of confidence) – and I just met her not too long ago before that (like 5 minutes before? lol), but she was really nice.
- Went to the dining hall alone, and I made some friends there (who turned out to be an ex-vegan (who lives in a singles room like I do. Yeay!), and one of her friend is vegetarian which was really cool. (slowly finding “ex-vegans” here!)
Pretty good accomplishments in my opinion. 😉 I’m trying!!
And guess what?! (I found out yesterday) that the school’s gym (REC center) is having a demo week (unlimited, too!!!) of going to the special Group X Pass Fitness (for free. FREE!!!), and to step up for today, I’m going to…
Now that I said this, I’ll actually go, so I won’t be lying to myself and my readers. 😉 It’s at 7 -8pm, so wish me luck! 😀 (and it’s free AND unlimited! Why wouldn’t I go? I’ve went to Zumba before, and I totally enjoyed it! This girl is got me hooked up to it, and I think what she accomplished is totally motivating/inspiring me to give it another try! Thanks, girl!) 😉
Today’s Stepping Ups are:
- Raise my hand and answer a question in class
- Go to the professor’s office to go ask for help
- Leaving my dorm room door
- Saying “Hi!” to the janitor that was vaccuming the floor (and something awesome happened; I needed a different recycling bin for a while now, and the janitor came at a great timing! I asked, and got it in less than 30 minutes!) See, karma totally DOES exist. 😉
- Going to Zumba (*gasp!!!*)!!!
These are what I can think of as of now (things I did/am going to do). As of now, ALL my professors know me! I just think that’s so cool! 😀 (The math prof. that I talked to [only 40 students in the class] was like “Who are you?”; I thought it was really funny, but sad that the prof. doesn’t know their students. BUT, because my school is a VERY student-oriented school, it is A LOT easier to get to know the professors!) I’m glad I’m at a decent-sized school. 🙂 I prefer the prof. to know who I am than just sit in the class and be like “Who are you??”. I just think it’s so cool for them to know me!!!!!! 😀
(Btw, 70% of this post was done in the morning, and rest in the afternoon.)
Anyone have good ways to increase your self confident? That’s my problem, and I have to overcome it. (tests = can’t do well, because I’m lacking self confidence) If you have a method that works for you, please share! I’d LOVE to hear it!!!! 😀
I’m going to face my problem, improve, and be as confident in my abilities as anyone else would be! I hope I can change, and wish me luck! Anyone is welcome to join me on this journey! 😀
Have a good day, loves!